Our commitment to clean and safe waste management extends to the Quad Cities Landfill. Millennium Waste strives to be the leading waste management company as we own and operate the waste disposal site at the Quad Cities Landfill. The Quad Cities landfill is equipped with environmental monitoring systems, gas and leachate management systems and a storm water pollution prevention plan, to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations. Additionally, our personnel are trained to prevent the acceptance of hazardous waste and other banned materials into the landfill.
Not accepted for regular disposal at the Quad Cities Landfill:
- Hazardous waste
- Untreated medical waste
- Ignitable materials (solvents)
- Corrosive materials including: batteries and drain cleaners
- Explosives including: ammunition, propane cylinders and tanks
- Tires, appliances and water heaters
For disposal call 1-877-934-5378
Landfill Operating Hours
Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
13606 Knoxville Road
Milan, IL 61264
- All loads must be covered/tarped. Uncovered loads will be rejected and not allowed into the Quad Cities Landfill.
- Household municipal waste
- Demolition debris
- Yard Waste
Accepted Items with preapproval
- Industrial-processed wastes (special waste)
- Pollution control wastes (sludges, auto fluff)
- Incinerator ash
- Contaminated soils
- PCB wastes not regulated by TSCA
Standard Gate Rates
- $16.25 per cubic yard
- Minimum charge of $55 per load up to a bed-level full sized pickup truck. (4'x8'x3')
- $7.00 per cubic yard
- Minimum charge of $21 per load up to a bed-level full sized pickup truck. (4'x8'x3')
City of Rock Island Residents
The city of Rock Island has entered into a cooperative agreement with MWI to administer a program to dispose of municipal solid waste and yard waste on Saturday mornings only. The program is summarized as follows:
- All loads must be covered/tarped. Uncovered loads will be rejected and not allowed into the landfill
- Valid identification that the patron is a resident of the city of Rock Island must be presented. The identification must be state or federal government issued and un-expired
- Each load will be charged $10, payable with cash or MC/Visa. No checks
- Each load must be no larger that a bed level full sized pickup truck (4'x8'x3')
- Patrons must drive onto the scale for instructions
DID YOU KNOW?
- Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
- 68 pounds of clothes are tossed into trash bins every year throughout the USA.
- The American family of four averages tossing out $2,275 of food every year.
- Landfills today are engineered, built, maintained and operated in a safe and environmentally responsible fashion.
Remember it's not waste until you waste it! Check out our recycling page for information regarding recycling options offered through MillenniumWaste.